Deadline for registration: 15 days before the starting date of each training
Duration : 2 days / (14 hours)
The objective of this training session is to propose a short introduction to both MPI-I and OpenMP. Lectures on the two parallel programming tools are given in the morning and hands-on sessions are proposed in the afternoon on topics introduced in the morning.
Beginners in MPI-I and OpenMP programming.
Knowledge of Fortran or C is required.
Scientific contact : Iabelle d’Ast
- Trainees/PhDs/PostDocs : 100 €
- CERFACS shareholders/CNRS/INRAI : 300 €
- Public : 600 €
(Every day from 9h to 17h30)
Morning: lecture on OpenMP
- General concepts
- Work sharing
Afternoon: hands-on sessions on topics introduced in the morning (in fortran 90)
Morning: lecture on MPI-I
- Introduction and general concepts of MPI-I
- Message passing programming
- Point to point communications
- Collective communications
- Groups and subcommunicators
Afternoon: hands-on sessions on topics introduced in the morning and the day before (in Fortran 90)