The OASIS Coupler Forum

HOME

Order of indices in points partition

Up to Specific issues in real coupled models

Posted by Anonymous at April 26 2024

Hi,

I am trying to couple the ECWAM model with the oasis3-mct-5.0 library. The type of partition that I have found most convenient is points (if_paral(1)=4). I am having a problem, where some of the tasks running my code do not return from the oasis_get calls, and I think it my be related to the ordering of the indices in my points partition. Is there some constraint that the list with the indices must be given in a specific order in the call to oasis_def_partition?
I am getting these messages in the output, which I think that could be related with the fact that the elements in my partition are not ordered with increasing indices:

MCT::m_Router::initp_: RGSMap indices not increasing...Will correct
MCT::m_Router::initp_: GSMap indices not increasing...Will correct

However, I have not seen any indication in the documentation about the ordering of the indices.

Best,

Chema

Posted by Anonymous at April 26 2024

Hello Chema,

We observed a similar problem (after OASIS3-MCT_5.0 release) with a coupled model hanging in MCT when mapping on the atm model, when the atm decomposition was using an ORANGE decomposition that did not have monotonically increasing global indices on the pes. 
For now we don't have any other work around that describing the decomposition with monotonically increasing global indices. Of course we should document it.
  With best regards,
  Sophie
Reply to this