To use OASIS3-MCT for coupling codes, one has to follow these steps:
- Obtain OASIS3-MCT source code (see chapter 1.2).
- Get familiar with OASIS3-MCT, either by following the Short Private Online Course (SPOC, see https://cerfacs.fr/online-training/) or by going through the tutorial steps. Tutorial sources are available in directory examples/tutorial_communication and all explanations are provided in the document
- Identify the coupling or I/O fields and adapt the codes to
implement the coupling exchanges with the OASIS3-MCT coupling library based on MPI message passing.
The OASIS3-MCT coupling library uses NetCDF and therefore can also be used to perform I/O actions
from/to disk files. For more detail on how to use the
OASIS3-MCT API in the codes, see chapter 2.
- Define all coupling and I/O parameters and the transformations
required to adapt each coupling field from the source model grid to
the target model grid. On this basis, prepare OASIS3-MCT configuring file
OASIS3-MCT supports different interpolation algorithms as described in
chapter 4. Remapping files can be computed
online using the SCRIP options, or offline using either the SCRIP, ESMF or XIOS (see examples/regrid_environment, section 6.3.3) and read in during the run using the MAPPING
We strongly recommend to tests off-line the quality of the chosen transformations and remappings using the environment available in examples/regrid_environment and explanations provided in the document regrid_environment.pdf therein.
- Generate required auxiliary data files (see chapter
- Compile OASIS3-MCT, the component models and start the coupled
experiment. For details on how to compile and run a coupled model
with OASIS3-MCT, see section 6.
If you need extra help, do not hesitate to contact us at