In the component time stepping loop, each process receives its part of the
- CALL oasis_get (var_id, date, fld, info)
- CALL prism_get_proto(var_id, date, fld, info)
- var_id [INTEGER; IN]: field ID (returned by the corresponding
- date [INTEGER; IN]: number of seconds (or any other time
units as long as the same are used in all components and in the namcouple) at the time of the call (by convention at the
beginning of the timestep)
- fld [REAL, OUT]: I/O or coupling field array;
can be 1D, 2D, bundle 1D, or bundle 2D.
- info [INTEGER; OUT]: returned info code:
- OASIS_Recvd(=3) if the field was received from another
- OASIS_FromRest (=10) if the field was read from a restart
- OASIS_Input (=11) if the field was read from an input file
- OASIS_RecvOut (=12) if the field was both received from
another component and written to an output file
- OASIS_FromRestOut (=13) if the field was both read from a
restart file and written to an output file
- OASIS_Ok (=0) otherwise and no error occurred.
To ensure a proper use of the oasis_get, one has to take care of the following aspects:
- This routine may be called by the component at each timestep. The date argument is automatically analysed and the receiving action is
actually performed only if date corresponds to a time for which
it should be activated, given the period indicated by the user in the
namcouple. An exchange at the beginning of the run at time=0 is
- Trying to receive with oasis_get a field declared with a oasis_def_var but not defined in the configuration file namcouple will lead to an abort. In this case, the field ID
returned by the oasis_def_var is equal to -1 and the
corresponding oasis_get should not be called.
- If a coupling field has a positive lag, the coupling field that
matches the oasis_get at time=0 is automatically read in from a coupling
restart file and sent to match that oasis_get under the oasis_enddef of the source model (see section 2.5.3).
- Coupling multiple fields via a single communication is supported
through colon delimited field lists in the namcouple (see
All fields will use the namcouple settings for that entry. In the component
model codes, these fields are still received (via an oasis_get) one at a time. Inside
OASIS3-MCT, the fields are stored and a single mapping and receive instruction is executed
for all fields. This is useful in cases where multiple fields have the same coupling transformations
and to reduce communication costs by aggregating multiple fields into a single communication. If a
LOCTRANS transformation is needed for these multiple fields, it is necessary to define a restart file
for these multiple fields.