4 Changes between OASIS3-MCT_2.0 and OASIS3-MCT_1.0
The main changes and bug fixes new in OASIS3-MCT_2.0 are the
- Support of BICUBIC interpolation, see paragraph BICUBIC in section 4.3. If the source grid
is not a gaussian reduced grid (D), the gradient in the first dimension,
the gradient in the second dimension, and the cross-gradient
of the coupling field must be calculated by the model and
given as arguments to oasis_put, as explained in section 2.2.7.
If the source grid is a gaussian reduced grid (D), OASIS3-MCT_2.0
can calculate the interpolated field using only the values of the source
- Support of CONSERV/SECOND remapping, see paragraph CONSERV/SECOND in section 4.3.
- Support of components exchanging data on only a subdomain of the
global grid: a new optional argument, ig_size was added to
oasis_def_partition, that provides the user with the ability to
define the total number of grid cells on the grid (see section
- The variable TIMER_Debug controlling the amount of time
statistics written out is now an optional argument read in the namcouple; see the NLOGPRT line in
3.2 and all details about time statistics in
- Specific problems in writing out the time statistics when all
the processors are not coupling were solved (see Redmine issue
- The problem with restart files when one coupling field is sent
to 2 target components was solved (see Redmine ticket #522)
- A memory leak in mod_oasis_getput_interface.F90 was fixed
thanks to R. Hill from the MetOffice (see Redmine ticket #437)
- A bug fix was provided to ensure that the nearest neighbour
option is activated when the option FRACNNEI is defined in the
namcouple for the conservative interpolation .
- The behaviour of OASIS3-MCT was changed in the case a
component model tries to send with oasis_put a field declared
with a oasis_def_var but not defined in the configuration
file namcouple; this will now lead to an abort. In this case,
the field ID returned by the oasis_def_var is equal to -1
and the corresponding oasis_put should not be called.
Conversely, all coupling fields appearing in the namcouple
must be defined with a call to oasis_def_var; this constraint
is imposed to avoid that a typo in the namcouple would lead to
coupling exchanges not corresponding to what the user intends to activate.
- OASIS3-MCT developments are now continuously tested and
validated on different computers with a test suite under Buildbot,
which is a software written in Python to automate compile and test
cycles required in software project (see
https://inle.cerfacs.fr/projects/oasis3-mct/wiki/Buildbot on the