- SCRIPR/BICUBIC and SCRIPR/CONSERV/SECOND remappings
As in OASIS3.3, the SCRIP library can be used to generate the
remapping/interpolation weights and addresses and write them to a
mapping file. All previous SCRIPR remapping
schemes available in OASIS3.3 are still supported in OASIS3-MCT_1.0 besides BICUBIC and CONSERV/SECOND because these remapping involve
at each source grid point the value of the field but also the value of the
gradients of the field (which are not known or calculated). (Note: these remapping schemes,
not available in OASIS3-MCT_1.0 were reactivated in OASIS3-MCT_2.0, see B.4.)
- Vector field remapping
Vector field remapping is not and will not be supported (see “Support
of vector fields with the SCRIPR remappings” in section 4.3).
- Automatic calculation of grid mesh corners in SCRIPR/CONSERV
For SCRIPR/CONSERV remapping, grid mesh corners will not
be compute automatically if they are needed but not provided.
- Other transformations not supported
- The following transformations are not available in OASIS3.3
and will most probably not be implemented as it should be not
too difficult to implement the equivalent operations in the component
models themselves: CORRECT, FILLING, SUBGRID, MASKP
- LOCTRANS/ONCE is not explicitely offered as it is equivalent to
defining a coupling period equal to the total runtime.
- The following transformations are not available as they were already
deprecated in OASIS3.3 : REDGLO, INVERT,
- MASK and EXTRAP are not available but the corresponding
linear extrapolation can be replaced by the more efficient option
using the nearest non-masked source neighbour for target points having
their original neighbours all masked. This is now the default option for SCRIPR/DISTWGT, GAUSWGT and BILINEAR interpolations. It is
also included in
SCRIPR/CONSERV if FRACNNEI
normalization option is chosen (see section 4.3).
- INTERP interpolations are not available; SCRIPR
should be used instead.
- MOZAIC is not available as MAPPING should be used
- NOINTERP does not need to be specified anymore if no
interpolation is required.
- Field combination with BLASOLD and BLASNEW; these
transformations only support multiplication and addition terms to
the fields (see section 4.2).
- Using the coupler in interpolator-only mode
This is not possible anymore as OASIS3-MCT is now only a coupling
library. However, it is planned, in a further release, to provide a
toy coupled model that could be use to check the quality of the
remapping for any specific couple of grids. (Note: this was done in OASIS3-MCT_2.0.)
- Coupling field CF standard names
The file cf_name_table.txt is not needed or used anymore. The CF
standard names of the coupling fields are not written to the debug
- Binary auxiliay files
All auxiliary files, besides the namcouple must be NetCDF;
binary files are not supported anymore.