Deadline for registration: 15 days before the starting date of each training
Duration : 3 days / (21 hours)
Before signing up, you may wish to report us any particular constraints (schedules, health, unavailability…) at the following e-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org
In November 2019, 50% of participants were satisfied or very satisfied
This training course enables the participants to reinforce their theoretical knowledge in order to understand and analyze high fidelity compressible Large Eddy Simulation (LES). Numerical methods, boundary conditions, signal processing and unsteady turbulence modeling are the main subjects tackled. Hands-on sessions are organized to put the theoretical courses into practice.
Objective of the training
The objective of this training course is to become familiar with the LES in order to realize and analyze LES of turbulent flows.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the concept of turbulent scale separation
- Derived LES equations,
- Choose a subgrid scale model
- Define a-priori parameters for a LES (mesh, CPU cost…)
- Become familiar with compressible boundary conditions
- Analyze a turbulent flow
This training session is for students, engineers, physicists and computer scientists who wish to reinforce or extend their theoretical background to the precise use and analysis of CFD simulations.
In order to follow this course, you need to:
- Knowledge of Unix commands.
- Basic knowledge of Python.
- Knowledge of numerical flow simulations.
To verify that the prerequisites are satisfied, the following questionnaires must be completed. You need to get at least 75% of correct answers in order to be authorized to follow this training session. If you don’t succeed it, your subscription will not be validated. You only have two chances to complete them.
Questionnaire 1 : Unix commands
Questionnaire 2 : Python edition
Questionnaire 3 : Numerical flow simulations
Scientific contact: Guillaume Daviller
- Trainees/PhDs/PostDocs : 210 €
- CERFACS shareholders/CNRS/INRIA : 600 €
- Public : 1200 €
(Every day from 9h to 17h30)
- Turbulence and scale separation
Large Eddy Simulation
- Subgrid scale models ; discretisation and meshing techniques
Hybrid simulations RANS/LES ; wall modeling and turbulence injection
- Acoustics – compressible boundary conditions
Signal treatment : frequential analysis, spatio-temporal correlations
Evaluation of learning
A final exam will be conducted during the training.