Deadline for registration: 15 days before the starting date of each training
Duration : 1 day / (6 hours)
The thermoacoustic AVSP code developed at Cerfacs is a general purpose Helmholtz solver which computes the frequency of oscillation, growth rate and spatial structure of the thermoacoustic modes of interest. Several test cases are considered during this one day training session in order to get the participants acquainted with the different features of AVSP (speed of sound inhomogeneities, complex valued boundary impedance, multi-perforated liners, acoustic flame coupling, multi-burner annular combustors, …).
Objective of the training
This training session aims at teaching to the partcipants the basics of combustion instabilities as well as how to use the thermoacoustic AVSP code.
On completion of this training course, you will be able to :
- master the different features AVSP solver
- use the AVSP solver.
This training session is for engineers, physicists, computer scientists and numerical analysts who wish to learn on thermoacoustic instabilities.
In order to follow this course, you need to be able to:
- use basic Linux commands (changing a directory, removing a file, …)
- perform elementary operations on complex numbers (conjugate, polar form, …) and use Euler’s formula,
- explain physical properties of waves (frequency, pulsation, wave number, …)
- use basic notions of acoustic impedance.
In order to verify that the prerequisites are satisfied, the following questionnaire must be completed. You need to get at least 75% of correct answers in order to be authorized to follow this training session. If you don’t succeed it, your subscription will not be validated. You only have two chances to complete them.
Questionnaire 1 : https://goo.gl/forms/5ExPw4QcehJ4Iqb73
- Trainees/PhDs/PostDocs : 70 €
- CERFACS shareholders/CNRS/INRIA : 200 €
- Public : 400 €
( from 9h15 to 17h)
9h15 Welcome and coffee
9h30 Modeling thermoacoustic instabilities -Introduction
- Equations of linear acoustics,
- Modeling of the flame
10h15 How does AVSP work ?
- general organization
- boundary conditions
- 1D pipe (without and with impedance),
- multiperforated cylinder,
- 1D pipe with an active flame.
14h00 Following tutorials
- 2D and 3D configurations with sudden enlargement,
- complex geometries and post-processing,
- industrial configurations (one single sector).
A final exam will be conducted during the training session.