CERFACS and Argonne National Laboratory organise the “6th Workshop on Coupling Technologies for Earth System Models (CW2023)” on January 18-20, 2023 at the “Centre International de Conférences” on Météo-France campus in Toulouse, France.
The workshop aims to bring together leading researchers and practitioners in the field of coupling infrastructure for Earth System Models. This workshop is the sixth in the series, started in 2010 in Toulouse and followed by Boulder USA (2013), Manchester UK (2015), Princeton USA (2017) and virtual (2020).
Topics relevant to the workshop include, but are not limited to:
- Coupling technology latest developments
- Use of Coupling Technologies in ESMs or other climate and weather-related coupled systems: successes and failures, original or ground-breaking applications
- Computational performance of Couplers and Coupled Systems
- Coupling at exascale on heterogeneous systems.
- Science of Coupling and Coupling Strategies
- Integration of coupling technologies into workflows
- Interaction of data assimilation and coupling technologies
- Software development processes for complex coupled systems: Approaches for testing of complex coupled models, how code chages are made, build system, configuration system.