Two computers provide CERFACS with an aggregate peak capacity of about 330 Tflop/s for processing our main simulation requirements. To these internal resources are added those of our partners (Meteo-France and CCRT). To afford an additional Support to our research activities (thesis and ANR projects), the resources allocated through Genci’s calls on the three national centers (Cines, Idris and CCGT) significantly extend our academic resources. These resources are complemented by our participation in international calls (ex. Prace and Incite programs).
CERFACS Internal resources
The Nemo cluster includes 288 compute nodes, each of them with two Intel E5-2680 processors (12 cores haswell processor at 2.5 Ghz) and 64 GB DDR4 memory.
The 288 node of this “compute partition” are completed by 11 post-processing nodes with 256 GB memory and one node with 512 GB memory used for large mesh generation.
The interconnection network is a non-blocking FDR Infiniband network. An internal GPFS file system offers to users a 0.5 PO scratch dir capacity. Software environment includes intel development compilers, libraries and tools; TotalView and DDT debuggers; and SLURM job manager. Integrated by Lenovo and serviware, this cluster has been inaugurated on September 30th, 2015.
The Neptune cluster includes 158 computes nodes, each of them with two Intel 8-cores SandyBridge processors at 2.6 Ghz and 32 GO of DDR3 memory. Additionally to the compute nodes 5 post processing nodes with 256 GO of memory and Nvidia K5000 graphics card allow researcher to analyse their datasets. 4 additional nodes are dedicated to debugging tasks, each of them with 2×10 cores Intel IvyBridge processors at 2.8 Ghz and 64 MO of memory. The interconnection network is a non-blocking Infiniband QDR network from Mellanox. A GPFS parallel file system offers to users a capacity of 90 TO. Software environment includes intel development compilers, libraries and tools; TotalView and DDT debuggers; and PBSPro job manager. Integrated by Lenovo and serviware, this cluster has been inaugurated on September 2012.
Central NAS Server
|A central NFS server with a capacity of 400 TO is accessible from all clusters and workstations. Its function is to provide a secondary archiving service used by internal and external servers hosting the results of numerical simulation. This technical solution is supported by a 5750 EMC NAS server with three redundant Data Movers.|
Support for technology watch activities
Technology partners support our technology watch activities through the provision of resources:
- two Intel Xeon-PHI platforms made available by Intel Corporation as part of Intel Parallel Computing Centers programs.
- a platform Power8 IBM / Nvidia Kepler made available by IBM as part of a collaboration with IBM
These resources allow us to carry our solvers on these new technologies with the support of our technology partners.
Météo-France and CEA CCRT extend our simulation capacity through the access to their supercomputers. Through numerous collaboration and support of Genci, Prace and Incite CERFACS accesses multiple external computers. Genci allows our doctoral students to access national resources centers:
- Bull Occigen (2.1 PFlop / s – 36 ° in the Top 500 global ranking of June 2015) at CINES
- IBM iDataPlex (233 Tflop / s) and BG / Q (1.3 Pflop / s – 60 ° in the Top 500 global ranking of June 2015) with Idris
- Bull Curie (1.6 PFlop / s – 44 ° in the Top 500 global ranking of June 2015) at the CEA
Prace attributes the resources to support our borders simulations:
- Fermi: IBM BG / Q (2 PFlop / s – 32 ° in the Top 500 global ranking of June 2015) to CINECA
- Curie: BULL (1.6 Pflop / ss – 33 ° in the Top 500 global ranking of June 2015) at the CEA
The US program Incite also selected our projects by allocating our resources:
- Mira: IBM BG / Q (10 Pflop / s -5 ° world ranking of the Top 500 in June 2015) in the laboratory of National Laboratories Agonne