Deadline for registration: 15 days before the starting date of each training
Duration : 3 days / (21 hours)
This training course aims at providing advanced training and formation in the field of turbomachinery flows. To do so, participants will reinforce their theoretical background in fluid dynamics as understood in the context of turbomachinery applications. These specificities will then be particularly developed in the specific context of Large Eddy Simulations whenever devised for the prediction of these flows. In this case, introduction and use of the in-house CERFACS LES code, named Turbo AVBP, will be specifically detailed. To do so, Hands-on sessions are organized to put the theoretical courses into practice.
Objective of the training session
The objective of this training course is to become familiar with LES of turbomachinery flows and more specifically the use of the proposed tool Turbo AVBP.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the concept of turbulent scale separation and LES
- Use and constructed test cases around turbomachinery applications with Turbo AVBP,
- Define a-priori parameters for a Turbo AVBP LES computation (mesh genration, CPU cost…)
- Become familiar numeric and modeling of LES for such flows
- Analyze the predictions
This training session is for students, engineers, physicists and computer scientists who wish to reinforce or extend their theoretical background to the precise use and analysis of LES simulations. Specific use of Turbo AVBP will also be enforced.
In order to follow this course, you need to:
- Knowledge of Unix commands.
- Basic knowledge of Python.
- Knowledge of numerical flow simulations.
In order to verify that the prerequisites are satisfied, the following questionnaires must be completed. You need to get at least 75% of correct answers in order to be authorized to follow this training session. If you don’t succeed it, your subscription will not be validated. You only have two chances to complete them.
Questionnaire 2 : https://goo.gl/forms/dmBNAmZq1aJLknXD2
Questionnaire 3 : https://goo.gl/forms/mbH6Ye8k0GbyYNHt2
Scientific contact: Laurent Gicquel
- Trainees/PhDs/PostDocs : 210 €
- CERFACS shareholders/CNRS/INRIA : 600 €
- Public : 1200 €
From 9h to 17h00
- Physics of turbomachinery flows, aerodynamics of compressor/turbines, losses, flow stability/instabilities
- Unsteady phenomena, rotor / stator interactions, multi-stages
- CFD modeling of turbomachinery flows: RANS, URANS, LES state-of-the-art
- Numeric and modeling in LES of turbomachinery flows: Turbo AVBP context
- Complex turbomachinery LES: Turbo AVBP setup and case construction
- Complex turbomachinery LES: Turbo AVBP advanced post-processing
A final exam will be conducted during the training.